Marketing has only become more challenging as the number of channels and touchpoints to integrate continues to grow. Successful brands need to build a cohesive and seamless cross-channel marketing strategy to bring all the aspects of their marketing plan together. That's where marketing intelligence and marketing attribution tools come in.
Brands can use marketing intelligence and attribution tools to track marketing strategies in real time, providing data that helps drive smart decisions and marketing mix choices. Recently, Salesforce and Mevo joined forces to create a unified solution for marketers looking to streamline their marketing efforts.
Let’s explore how this partnership can help you achieve your marketing goals and conquer the challenge of cross-channel marketing.
The Challenge: Creating Effective Cross-channel Marketing Campaigns
Marketers today face the challenge of cross-channel marketing, which includes integrating and normalizing data across many channels. Ensuring a consistent customer experience with various touchpoints like social media, email marketing, and search engine ads can be tough, if not impossible.
A recent survey revealed that most marketers crave a centralized platform to access cross-channel marketing data. Yet, less than 30% actually have such a system. Even among those with a plan, 60% still rely on manual data assembly.
Accurate data is necessary for marketers to know how well their marketing campaigns are doing across different channels. To get this data, they need to understand how customers move through multiple platforms and map their behavior between all of them concurrently. Although a fully-integrated, cross-channel marketing strategy might still be a ways off for some brands, marketers can still make great strides by using data and the right technology to bridge the gap in the meantime.
The Solution: Unification of All Channels and Touchpoints
Effective marketing mix modeling and accurate attribution are crucial elements in any successful marketing strategy. Attribution is a vital aspect because it shows how each step affects a customer's decision-making, and ultimately informs marketers and their C-suite about which marketing channels and messages are most effective.
To achieve complete optimization, brands should strive to make all marketing decisions data-driven while also deploying insights gleaned from attribution and modeling programs as quickly as possible to business leaders who can drive real change. This knowledge-sharing reduces useless silos while optimizing the allocation of marketing resources and driving both return on investment (ROI) and return on ad spend (ROAS).
Tips for Implementing Cross-Channel Marketing Effectively
Implementing a cross-channel marketing strategy is a powerful tool that can improve brand recognition and increase sales, but it can also be overwhelming if not done correctly. Some tips for implementing an effective cross-channel marketing strategy simply and easily are:
- Create a Consistent Brand Message Across All Channels: Ensure that your brand message is consistent and clear across all marketing channels.
- Use Data to Personalize Your Campaigns: Use data to personalize your campaigns and provide your customers with relevant and timely content.
- Optimize Your Campaigns for Mobile: Ensure that your campaigns are optimized for mobile devices, to capture the huge percentage of consumers who use their phones for shopping and research almost exclusively.
- Measure and Analyze Your Campaigns: Measure and analyze your campaigns on a regular basis to find areas for improvement and optimization across all aspects of your cross-channel marketing strategy.
Examples of Brands with Successful Cross-Channel Marketing Campaigns
Many brands have successfully used cross-channel marketing to reach their target audience. Some used social media and email marketing to expand their reach, while others focused on in-store experiences and personalized recommendations to boost sales. Examples of brands that used effective cross-channel marketing include:
- Nike: Utilizes social media, email marketing, and in-store experiences to create a seamless customer journey.
- Sephora: Offers personalized recommendations through its mobile app, email marketing, and in-store consultations.
- Coca-Cola: Utilizes TV commercials, social media, and experiential marketing to create a cohesive brand message.
- Amazon: Uses email marketing, mobile app notifications, and personalized recommendations to drive sales across multiple channels.
How Can Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Mevo Help With Cross-Channel Marketing?
The partnership between Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Mevo brings a new level of value to automated data analysis. By using Mevo as a trusted source-of-truth, Salesforce Marketing Cloud can produce comprehensive media performance reports and make forward-looking optimizations across various media types. This breaks down silos and allows for detailed analysis of every media type, publisher, or touchpoint.
Mevo's app provides a complete view of all your channels, including digital, offline, direct, emerging, and legacy. This helps you improve your funnel and make smart decisions that affect your brand and sales goals. This partnership creates a unified media planning and decision support system, a dream come true for marketers.
With Mevo and Salesforce Marketing Cloud, we can provide essential data to help marketers make informed decisions, improve their campaigns, and overcome the challenge of cross-channel marketing. Request a demo now to take a step forward into the world of cross-channel marketing today.